...

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Avril Lavigne's Malaysia Concert is a Go, Avril Lavigne's Not "Too Sexy"

Even though I've been to two Avril Lavigne concerts, I didn't report the rumor that came out earlier this week about Avril Lavigne's concert being banned in Malaysia because she's "too sexy." I thought it was bullshit. I didn't care. And Malaysia has rules, standards and strict conservative beliefs on who should perform there and they have the right to do so. I dunno why people were trippin' out.

Looks like Avril Lavigne's Malaysian concert will have a My Happy Ending after all. - I've written some cheddar on my blog but that line is TERRIBLE! Remember Avril's song "My Happy Ending"? Ouch. That's so bad, I'm in pain.
After rumors that the conservative Malaysian government banned the scheduled Aug. 29 concert for being "too sexy," Lavigne told MTV News that the show will definitely go on.

"I've actually been approved by the government to play a show," Lavigne said on Thursday. "I've already sold 10,000 tickets there, so I will be going to put a concert on for the fans."
Addressing concerns over her sexy image, Lavigne says, "They tend to, you know, sometimes not want Western artists in their country. I respect that, but at the same time, you know, there's people that listen to music there and want to see their idols and stuff, so it's all good."
Lavigne is not the first to have a brush with the conservative Malaysian government: Gwen Stefani was forced to cover up her famous midriff in Malaysia last year, and the Pussycat Dolls were fined in 2006 for violating Malaysia's strict indecency codes.

source

No comments:

Post a Comment