...

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Claymates React to Clay Aiken Coming Out of The Closet


Who exactly are the Claymates? Virgins with vision and hearing problems? Clay has always been flamboyant, speaks with a soft voice and giggles like a 8-year-old school girl.

What kind of "revelation" was this?! I browsed through Clay's message board. Check out some of my fave responses, if you won't laugh at a few of these, at least you'll be crackin' some smiles.
This is a gut wrenching day for The ClayNation. Somebody wake me up, I hope its a dream.
please tell me I'm not the only one who is shocked beyond belief! I feel numb I'm so upset. This can't be real!! How can you guys say this won't change anything? This changes EVERYTHING. I don't even know what to think right now.

"I wish him well and hope he gets some peace of mind now BUT I feel he lied to everyone-especially us fans. He should have just said so years ago. I feel like we were "used". I still love to hear him sing but I also feel he has now become like a Michael Jackson and it's a bit too weird! He isn't just the plain ordinary person with the values he first stood for.-but it's just my opinion."
"One really sad thing for me that sums this up. THis morning at the breakfast table my 9 and 10 year olds were there and the radio was on and they came on with the headline "FOrmer American Idol..." and I knew what was coming and I ran to turn it off. I didn't want my young children to hear that and ask questions about it.

To me this is the saddest thing and the reason I won't be able to hold him as my idol. I remember the day when I ran to turn it on and called all the family to watch with pride. It just seems so in your face now and I don't want exposing my kids to this. "

"I just feel rather silly now having spent the last 5 years drooling over and being fan girly for a singer I thought was straight and now finding out he is gay. It does change my perception of who he is and how I see him. We always called him our boyfriend and that won't be happening anymore."
"I don't understand how anyone can say that this changes nothing. It's as simple as this for me: Clay is NOT the person I thought he was. I can't look at him the same way again and this is killing me.

I want SO bad to feel the same about him but right now I just can't. And the funny thing is I have NO problem with gay people. But it's just that he lied about it and I can't forgive him.

I have slowly been backing away. Now this. I have been a fan from the very beginning and will always admire his voice and quirky personality, but I just can't do this anymore. And I will very much miss, probably as much as Clay, the wonderful and clever chats with those members of this board, and I really mean that. Stupid tears are gunking up my contact lenses,

I feel like I'm the only person who really thought Clay was straight. If it's true everyone seems to be taking it so in stride. or elese they're just not posting. .
I feel that the picture of the cover is NOT the real cover. At least I hope not.image I don't like the idea of the first picture the world sees of Parker with the words "IM GAY". To me they should be 2 seperate stories. It don't feel that's the way to present him to the world. I would rather see " HE'S HERE" or 'WELCOME PARKER" or something like that.
I've cried a river of tears and truthfully do not know where I stand right now. I am envious of those who can take this news and continue to state their unconditional love and support for Clay. Right now all I can think of is that he is a fantastic entertainer but I took him at his word and it appears that his word isn't what I thought it was.

I am having a hard time coming to terms with this, I don't know how I feel about him right now, but for sure I know it won't be the same.

Clay's board

No comments:

Post a Comment