...

Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Girlfrenzy Music Festival

sheryl-avril-fiona.JPG

Sorry, I'll mention my favorite singer Fiona Apple whenever possible.

Avril Lavigne, Sheryl Crow and Fiona Apple will headline the first Girlfrenzy music festival, to be held Oct. 27 at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre in Irvine, Calif. Colbie Caillat, Sara Bareilles and Antigone Rising are also on the bill for the event.


Tickets for Girlfrenzy go on sale Saturday (Aug. 25) via Ticketmaster. A portion of the proceeds will benefit the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I'm gonna be interviewing one of the female artists in the lineup. I won't name names right now tho, cause I dunno if I'll post the interview here. But I am SO effing excited about this show! Fiona Apple is one of the best lyricists and most emotional performers of our generation. And I've been a Sara Bareilles fan since 2004, so happy she got signed to SonyBMG.

sources: daily stab and billboard.com


For more daily new posts visit www.poponthepop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment