...

Friday, December 29, 2006

Jake Gyllenhaal Escaped A Hotel Fire


On Wednesday Jake Gyllenhaal faced a real-life natural disaster: A fire at the California hotel where he was vacationing with his family.

Gyllenhaal, 26, and his actress sister Maggie, 29, were among the guests forced to flee Manka's Inverness Lodge in the San Francisco Bay area when the two-story wooden inn caught fire around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, the Marin Independent Journal reports.

"Jake was helping me pull things out of the fire," Daniel DeLong, a chef and co-owner of the historic lodge where the actors had often vacationed, told the Journal.

The blaze apparently started after a tree crashed into the back of the building near a water heater. "It was during a very high windstorm and a tree came down. The cause of the actual fire has not been determined at this point, but it totally destroyed the lodge." Kaaren Gann, a spokeswoman for the Iverness Fire Dept.
I wanna make some comment reminding you all 'bout how I want Jake, but I think that would be inappropriate.

I'm glad everyone affected by this fire is safe. Did I mention that I want Jake? Shit, I'm always inappropriate. Glad nothing happened to his face.


people

No comments:

Post a Comment