...

Saturday, April 05, 2008

Pregnant Man Thomas Beadie Pictures and Video

Thomas Beatie, the bearded pregnant man from Oregon wants to tell the world his story. He appeared on Oprah with his wife, Nancy. They are expecting their first child this July. Their baby is doomed for life!

Thomas Beatie pregnant photo, Thomas Beatie pregnant picture

Thomas Beatie, a transgendered pregnant man, is ecstatic to welcome a daughter into the world this July. Thomas has a vagina, but he's legally male. Thomas is in a relationship with his wife Nancy, and he spoke to The Advocate about his journey to get knocked up.
"Ten years ago, when Nancy and I became a couple, the idea of us having a child was more dream than plan. I always wanted to have children. However, due to severe endometriosis 20 years ago, Nancy had to undergo a hysterectomy and is unable to carry a child.But after the success of our custom screen-printing business and a move from Hawaii to the Pacific Northwest two years ago, the timing finally seemed right. I stopped taking my bimonthly testosterone injections. It had been roughly eight years since I had my last menstrual cycle, so this wasn’t a decision that I took lightly. My body regulated itself after about four months, and I didn’t have to take any exogenous estrogen, progesterone, or fertility drugs to aid my pregnancy."
A year and many doctors later, Thomas got pregnant with triplets, but the pregnancy was ectopic. He lost his embryos and his right fallopian tube. His second pregnancy is a success and he's due on July 3, 2008.

People are in disbelief!
"Doctors have discriminated against us, turning us away due to their religious beliefs. Health care professionals have refused to call me by a male pronoun or recognize Nancy as my wife. Receptionists have laughed at us. Friends and family have been unsupportive; most of Nancy’s family doesn’t even know I’m transgender."

No comments:

Post a Comment