...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Mandy Moore's Interview With Jane Magazine

Why the eff is she straddling some random model dude?
On having a quarter-life crisis:
“I’ve been going through this really crazy time in my life – it’s what I imagine people fresh out of college go through. I’m asking myself life-altering questions like, ‘Who am I? Where do I fit in this world? What am I doing, what do I want to do? Am I living to my full potential?”

On her early albums:
“I feel bad that people wasted their money on such trite, blah pop music.”

On being depressed:

“A few months ago, I felt really low, really sad. Depressed for no reason. I’m a very positive person, and I’ve always been glass half-full. So it was like someone flipped a switch in me.”

On breaking up with Zach Braff:
“The breakup added to what I was going through, but it’s not the complete reason. It definitely doesn’t help if you’re already in that place..."

On leaving pop music behind:
“I could’ve made a record a year ago with the same people who do everybody’s records. But I’m super-proud that I stuck to my guns. You don’t have to follow the mainstream. I love pop music but it’s not right for me.”

On dating:
“I’ve tried dating a bit, and I don’t like it. I know I should be putting myself out there. But I don’t really think it’s for me. That’s not to say I’m ready to jump back into a relationship any time soon. I’m definitely not looking. But it would be fun to have a crush.”

On why she doesn’t drink:

“I’m a control freak, and I think maybe that’s why. I’m too scared to see what will happen. I’ve been drunk maybe two or three times in my life, although I do like to have a glass of wine before going into the studio, to mellow me out.”

On her image:

“I kind of am a goody-goody. But I’m not judgmental. I’ve done a couple of movies [A Walk to Remember, Saved] where I’ve played Christian characters, so people assume I’m very religious. It’s not a completely correct perception of who I am.”

On the future:

“I’m still figuring it all out, but I want to be extraordinary. I want to live up to my full potential. I’ve always been really shy, very ‘don’t look at me.’ I’ve wanted to hide. But now I don’t want to hide.”

source

No comments:

Post a Comment